At Distinctive Laser Dentistry, we commit ourselves to the health and happiness of your smile. Our clinic is at the heart of St. Louis Park, Minnesota, and Dr. Telly Pappas is at the heart of our operation. A member of the International Congress of Dental Implant Society, Dr. Pappas takes a personal and distinctly artisanal approach to every facet of his work. His practice is his passion, and he will work with his team to yield shining results time and time again. Our goal is to give you a grin you love to bare. Schedule a consultation to learn more!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots fixed in the jaw. They replace less hardy natural roots, supplying a sturdy foundation for replacement teeth to match your natural set. Approximately 2.3 million implant-supported crowns are crafted annually, and the procedure has a steadfast success rate of around 98%. This option is very popular and provides a host of benefits:
- Improved appearance – implants are virtually identical to real teeth and feel like them, too.
- Natural function – as implants are permanent, you will be able to speak and chew with ease.
- Heightened comfort and convenience – implants are crafted with nonslip design and not intended for removal, ensuring reliable performance and no irritation.
- Better oral health – the implantation process requires no reduction or alteration of neighboring teeth and allows greater access between teeth.
- Durability – with proper care, implants can last from several years to a lifetime.
- Greater self-esteem – a healthier smile inspires a world of confidence.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dr. Pappas and our team will formulate a treatment plan specifically for you. The root implant (a small titanium post) is then inserted into the socket of the vacant tooth, allowing the jawbone to fuse around it – healing takes between six to twelve weeks. When this is complete, an abutment (a small connector post) is fastened to the post to lodge the new tooth in place. Your dentist then creates a model of your bite via tooth impressions to fashion the synthetic tooth. The process involves minimal discomfort; local anesthesia may be offered.
Are Dental Implants Right For Me?
To qualify for dental implantation, a patient must have healthy gums and sufficient bone to support the implant. One must also commit to oral hygiene and routine dental visits. Some persons may require individual evaluation by a dentist – these include smokers, diabetics, those with heart disease, and those who have undergone cranial radiation therapy.
If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implantation may be the perfect route for you. At Distinctive Laser Dentistry, we are proud to provide this service to our patients. Dr. Pappas and his specialists are ready to help you grin ear to ear and year to year. So schedule an appointment today, and let us cut our teeth on your smile!